Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: "Have Friend Pay" Option

  1. #1

    Default "Have Friend Pay" Option

    Question: Is the "Have Friend Pay" option when purchasing items in the Item Mall ever going to come back?

    I know this has been brought up before, without any resolution or even a statement from the staff one way or another, but I feel like it would be a very useful feature, especially with v10 coming out soon. Since it was removed I have bought perhaps 20k SP total. When it used to still be available I bought... an embarrassing amount of SP. The reasoning is that there was a discount and even though it was only 10%, it was enough to make me believe I was getting a ridiculous deal when shopping in the Item Mall. With v10 coming up and Steam release also on the way, I think this feature should return so that we can entice the newer players (and the older players as well) to buy SP more freely AND give them another reason to have an SM, which will give them a greater reason to continue playing.

    Proposed Suggestion: Bring back "Have Friend Pay" option when purchasing items in the Item Mall.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    In front of your screen
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Wait, they removed that option? Haven't played in so long...

    I feel like they removed it because it could be abused by purchasing items for alt accounts and then transferring them to the main account. At least for tradeable items. But otherwise this seems like a good idea.

    If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.


    Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

    Just a Black Mage

    Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

  3. #3

    Default

    Whoever moved this could you please not? It isn't a suggestion (although I said suggestion, sorry that you didn't read the post at all).

    This is a feature that has ALWAYS been in Lucent Heart; the only suggestion was that perhaps the GMs look into why it keeps getting turned off. There was never any notice or mention gave to this subject by any member of staff, they just keep overlooking and ignoring it -- and now moving it where it will never be seen. Thanks for ignoring me but honestly could a GM please address this topic instead of leaving it to linger?

    Suggestion: Move the topic back to the General Board because you failed to actually read past "suggestion". This is a general topic that is to be discussed. That's like making a suggestion to fix Phantom. It isn't a real suggestion, it's a statement about a feature that should be fixed. Reading helps, please try next time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueManShoe View Post
    Whoever moved this could you please not? It isn't a suggestion (although I said suggestion, sorry that you didn't read the post at all).

    This is a feature that has ALWAYS been in Lucent Heart; the only suggestion was that perhaps the GMs look into why it keeps getting turned off. There was never any notice or mention gave to this subject by any member of staff, they just keep overlooking and ignoring it -- and now moving it where it will never be seen. Thanks for ignoring me but honestly could a GM please address this topic instead of leaving it to linger?

    Suggestion: Move the topic back to the General Board because you failed to actually read past "suggestion". This is a general topic that is to be discussed. That's like making a suggestion to fix Phantom. It isn't a real suggestion, it's a statement about a feature that should be fixed. Reading helps, please try next time.
    Hi blue, this was moved because it falls within the suggestions of bringing the feature back. There's no need to post in multiple threads for this when you have the topic going and also threads in this section are not ignored, as we've been accumulating a large amount of data from the community which includes suggestions and other forms of feedback. No one is ignoring you.

    To fully answer your question, the feature was initially removed due to abuse from people making alt accounts and abusing the discount it gave. While some suggested that filtering IP's would help, people would still circumvent this and utilize VPN's, so sadly it was shut down.

    Other methods of payment may surface in the future (such as game cards, etc) however we do take time to look over the pro's and con's of different options as well so please keep that in mind.
    Last edited by LunaP; January 13th, 2016 at 06:26 AM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaP View Post
    Hi blue, this was moved because it falls within the suggestions of bringing the feature back. There's no need to post in multiple threads for this when you have the topic going and also threads in this section are not ignored, as we've been accumulating a large amount of data from the community which includes suggestions and other forms of feedback. No one is ignoring you.

    To fully answer your question, the feature was initially removed due to abuse from people making alt accounts and abusing the discount it gave. While some suggested that filtering IP's would help, people would still circumvent this and utilize VPN's, so sadly it was shut down.

    Other methods of payment may surface in the future (such as game cards, etc) however we do take time to look over the pro's and con's of different options as well so please keep that in mind.
    The only problem was that almost a year ago someone asked the same question of why it was removed and when would it return (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=78954) and it was ignored and passed over without any resolution. That was why it frustrated me so much that this topic was once again being pushed somewhere where it could be ignored. Thank you for addressing the situation though.

    That said, "abuse" a 10% discount? Most companies are more than happy to throw out a discount if it results in increased sales. Perhaps I'm old fashion but even if people did use alts to get a cheaper price on a cash shop, that is still cash flowing into the game (a game which has a diminishing community). That isn't my call of course, and I guess greed is a safe reason to remove a feature. That is what it is, of course; greed and not wanting to lose any potential profits when you still have to buy a base amount of SP whether you're buying 1 item at full price or 1 item at a 10% discount.

    I will go on the record and admit I did use my alt to purchase SP. If you look at my account you'll realize there was no loss in profits going to SubaGames by me doing so. I sold SP at a rate lower than market because I could spend SP at a discounted rate. I think there was more benefit for the community and SubaGames to keep the feature than there was to remove it but it is what it is.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueManShoe View Post
    The only problem was that almost a year ago someone asked the same question of why it was removed and when would it return (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=78954) and it was ignored and passed over without any resolution. That was why it frustrated me so much that this topic was once again being pushed somewhere where it could be ignored. Thank you for addressing the situation though.

    That said, "abuse" a 10% discount? Most companies are more than happy to throw out a discount if it results in increased sales. Perhaps I'm old fashion but even if people did use alts to get a cheaper price on a cash shop, that is still cash flowing into the game (a game which has a diminishing community). That isn't my call of course, and I guess greed is a safe reason to remove a feature. That is what it is, of course; greed and not wanting to lose any potential profits when you still have to buy a base amount of SP whether you're buying 1 item at full price or 1 item at a 10% discount.

    I will go on the record and admit I did use my alt to purchase SP. If you look at my account you'll realize there was no loss in profits going to SubaGames by me doing so. I sold SP at a rate lower than market because I could spend SP at a discounted rate. I think there was more benefit for the community and SubaGames to keep the feature than there was to remove it but it is what it is.
    While you may be focused on greed, the constant creation of accounts, diminishes on the character name potential for actual characters, this in turn depletes the name reservoir of fun names.

    As for the thread you were mentioning there were others however after the responses they were removed due to being derailed so duplicates were made.

    We're adding additional methods of payment however, and also looking into bringing back the option just without the discount.

    As far as population goes the community has nearly tripled over the past month, and is slowly rising now that things are underway. It was a bad year for them last year I understand, however with the new team we're ensuring it won't be the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •