Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luna GM Events

We could also have an extra map as sort of a testing ground or maybe events map... when u need a new event spawn/ build a ton of stuff there for stuff like hide/seek, race, puzzles or just plain old GM v server stuff. Again.. this is on the far side of the possibility spectrum but just putting it out there..

The GIF below is just a test.

Monster Hunting: GM asks for a certain item drop from a specific mob, players go kill it and try to obtain the item and hand it to the GM.

~Copypasted this from my facebook post

I really liked the "hide and seek" events with GMs giving out hints to where they were hiding. As long as they're not too easy. It's much more fun and rewarding if they're tricky and takes some time to figure out.

Also the thing I was looking forward to every week was the regular maintenance, with the respawning of bosses with accompanying lucky boxes.
    Maybe not really an "event" as per say but I think it'd be cool to have some sort of weekly or monthly "lottery" of some kind.
    Opening the boxes and hoping for that random really low percentage loot was one of the most enjoyable things about Luna in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobCakess View Post
    Monster Hunting: GM asks for a certain item drop from a specific mob, players go kill it and try to obtain the item and hand it to the GM.
    ^Also this sounds amazing, might get a little crowded when all players try to kill the same mob though.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobCakess View Post

You'd just have to make sure you can't buy the item from a merchant xD Would be kind of wrong if someone was grinding mobs trying to get an object and I just went up and bought it.

Heya! I'm a fan of different Events where everyone can participate, I second the Hide-n-seek events, they are pretty awasome.

Also I kinda have a list of different events you can where everyone can participate.

1) Mr and Mrs whatever: Every month you guys can give 1 prize to a guy and a girl for being the most famous, or stylish, or funny, etc.

2) Cap the pic: You guys take a screenshot in an awkward situation or something, and the users create the dialogs, the most original ones get a reward

3) Comic Fest: We users take screenshots and add dialogs to our characters to create a comic based on the theme of the comic. Of course you guys pic the theme or subject of the comic.

and... that's all I can come up with right now... I thought I was going to think on more stuff but brain kinda dead ._.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroYami View Post
    Heya! I'm a fan of different Events where everyone can participate, I second the Hide-n-seek events, they are pretty awasome.

Also I kinda have a list of different events you can where everyone can participate.

1) Mr and Mrs whatever: Every month you guys can give 1 prize to a guy and a girl for being the most famous, or stylish, or funny, etc.

2) Cap the pic: You guys take a screenshot in an awkward situation or something, and the users create the dialogs, the most original ones get a reward

3) Comic Fest: We users take screenshots and add dialogs to our characters to create a comic based on the theme of the comic. Of course you guys pic the theme or subject of the comic.

and... that's all I can come up with right now... I thought I was going to think on more stuff but brain kinda dead ._.
    I love all of these~~
    The first one sounds kinda like Player of The Month but for couples xD
    I remember there was something like the last one back in gPot because I remember entering a contest where the theme was 'fairytale' and we had to pick a fairytale and recreate it/a scene from it in Luna and take a screen shot, that one was nice too!

We paint white roses red,
    Each shade from a different person's head

This idea isn't original because I remember a private server doing it xD but a GM may give a "theme" like I remember the themes being elements like fire or water and the players take a screenshot that best suits said theme and whichever fits theme best wins. I liked it because it caused me to think outside of the box and try to be creative with my screenshots

Also... Since everyone is in hype for new costumes, gender swapped costumes and all that, it could be a nice idea to have a fashion design contest, like you give us a picture with a mold and we the players create different outfits, accesories, backpieces and even pets. I think it would be nice to make this like a seasonal event, and to have 3 winners, one for creating a costume, other one for a backpiece and other one for pets related to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberaptorr View Post
    You guys named everything I could think of so xD But These events I enjoyed the most/ thought of as well

Also what Kohpii said with a Trivia sort of game where GMs ask questions about Luna Lore and first to pm wins.
    I especially like this , but I think it should be in the public chat =)
    Maybe create a specific channel and call it..*BADUMTSS* the Event channel! xD

Also I think we should have 3 to 2 winners on most events =) like 2 on the screenshot ones , good remembering on that one btw ^^ And maybe 3 on slay that monster/bring me that item , and again maybe 2 on a round of hide and seek ^^ and so so ^^

It was a long grinding in LUNA. Quest won't solved this, and requires too much Dev effort.
    I suggest that we should add something that make grinding fun and complex

- Add Capchar with significant buff reward

- Ask players to kill different 10 kinds of mob in 5 minuts after announcement --> with a good reward

- Special mob with the same name but clearly different appearance
    :: those that aren't agressive, but will kill you if hit them 2 times --> for botter
    (this won't kill AFKer that won't actively brainless automatic skill)
    :: Those with very high HP with special loot list
    :: Even more complex if it's those that will die only if you use the right skill that GM annouced.
    :: Randomly spawn of world boss also a good idea
    --> it's important to have good reward from this boss, may be very rare, but should be announced server wide to inspired the participation.

Anything that request player to break from brainless with proper reward will make grinding not so bored. I have to leave for work and will add more later.

Also please priority the security of server and prevent cheater.
    - Botter will only harm hardcore players, but cheater will hard everyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast