View Poll Results: Do you agree with this post?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love peace!

23 62.16%
  • No, down with the enemy!

12 32.43%
  • I have other suggestions!

2 5.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State of Player Versus Player

Exclamation State of Player Versus Player

Player versus player, Camps and why they suck

Camps and cramps
    I simply hate Camps, but be for I go out of my way here is why.

1. The split the player base between a mundane red or blue with no lore or anything behind it what-so-ever.

2. The cause huge rifts in red versus blue player per faction balance and no one has time to put everyone on a scale and keep this fixed. It will end badly for whoever has the least.

3. They really really suck for player interaction and guilds, add the whole 9 yards while we are at this its just huge communicant problem starter and balance starter compared to old Luna PK system.

PVP,PK,PKK, and everything else!

So far its all gone, no party war no open pk no nadda. just faction(see camps and cramps) and Guild(plus future guild stuff)

But wait! that is not a very good augmentative paragraph!
    Wait till you see the simple change and solution!

Remove camps, bring back all the old Luna pvp and PK options. Now stop! disable open PK on x of the y channels. Now stop double time! disable Guild wars/alliance wars on those same channels!

Now keep party war open on all cause its a by request party duel only and doesn't effect anyone.

Magically everyone can play and talk together like the old days and sing alone. There is no faction balance problems or great divide.

There is no open PK for the PVE people in there channels there is no Guild pvp harassment in those same channels it can be set up to have 4 channels across all maps or more in any configuration without any problems.

Pvpers have a home pve-ers have a home, PK-ers have a home and all is well

Oh god I typoed the header! It's state of*
    Last edited by AshleyMD; April 12th, 2016 at 03:06 AM. Reason: I typoed my header

Engineer by trade, video game theory crafter by choice! if I cant make it simpler I'll make it harder!

So little votes a and no post, PVP was a center focus of Luna with a very nice PK system with item loot for PKKer's and fun open world Guild battles and party battles, I would have though the with factions removing all of that and causing splits and problems more people would be interested in the pvp system....

Engineer by trade, video game theory crafter by choice! if I cant make it simpler I'll make it harder!

If the game got a lore behind the camp system and more system to make camp even specific. I will personally agree with camp.
    But if in current state where you dont have a camp war event or camp friendly feature. I dont think camp is a good thing for this game.

What I like of Luna's pvp is only when the weekly GT and CS. Because the normal war does not even make you cooperate with your team. Every thing is 1 hit. BUT. In this reborn luna. Killing 1 player on normal pvp is already a chore. Not mentioning how high heal and potion condition is. And their cd is also absurd. Pot is cheap. No weight system. And ev 1 could bring thousands of a seconds cd potion. That is not pvp friendly IMO.

The gm's are already making the first 2 channels accessible for both red and blue with no pk in there... and 3rd one for pk in OBT

I don't care what happens here as long as there is PvP. Old Luna's PvP was lacking because barely anyone wanted to guild war. I probably only participated in 2. The only good PvPing back then was when someone would PK people in Red Orc Outpost. I never knew how much I loved PvP until I killed a PKer for the first time. It was fun, and gave a bit of a rush.

+1

I preffer how PvP worked in the old Luna. This game's current state makes it harder to socialize as the population is severely split from what I've seen. And as you said, there is currently no way to stop the camps from being unbalanced, this is a problem that has to be addressed.

Maybe let us choose whether we want to fight or not. Kind of like how it works in Blade and Soul, where you equip a faction costume, and if the enemy is using the enemy faction's costume they can PvP freely (I'd rather it be a toggeable option). This would allow interesting non-guild wars without forcing others into either fighting or leaving. Letting us switch camps would be nice as well (with a time limit or price).
    Last edited by Domq; April 17th, 2016 at 11:22 PM.

A toggle-able switch would work great to, in theory you could remove pvp channels and let people just play to play, and allow a faction pvp toggle for people to fight wherever when they want how they want.

Right? That could solve some problems, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement...

Should I try putting that on the suggestions sub-forum?

I have it in my suggestions post but more ideas and more against it the better. greater chance it gets changed.

Remove the camps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast