Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter has Launched!

Yo boys,

I wanna join the kickstart, but it can only be done with a credit card? Let me know if there are other options ! I feel left out bruh!

xx

Eunwol

Dis what Im saying~ xD

Spoiler:  
    However, we realized that we had missed some critical points after seeing the feedback on yesterday's announcement. The largest point that we missed was that the 3-month gap may cause a divide in the gaming community. We had made options to access the game at lower prices after 1 or 2 months in order to lessen such a divide but realized that it wasn't enough. The feedback gave us a chance to reconsider the initial plan of having 3 months of exclusive access as it proved to be too long for many players.

We consider communities to be an integral part of MMORPGs and we consider each and every single player to be important to us regardless of whether or not they pay for the game. We would also like to offer our sincerest apologies for changing to a Founder's Server after announcing an Open Beta without sufficient explanation.

We would like to find a way to make amends for announcing a news that let many players down who had been waiting for an Open Beta.

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=286

Quote Originally Posted by Hanktwain21YOIr View Post
    Hey there everyone!

A friend linked me these forums about two weeks ago and I have been lurking everyday since. Cbt is so close that I can taste it!

This kickstarter is great and I love many of the rewards but I do have one concern, and it is about two of the rewards. Name reservation and getting to play 2 days prior to others.

Now this will not actually affect me once I'll be able to back this on my payday which is very soon but I know personally a few people whom it will, and by the looks of it, this will also affect active community member KuroYami.

I think these two rewards, especially being able to play 2 days earlier are not fair. A good and loyal community is as important as funding and that is something which you have here. Members are active and I see a few new people appear every week.

Everyone here is super psyched about the return of this wonderful game and more than willing to stand by it through it's life course which I hope will be long.

I cannot brag about having been one of these long time active members of this community but many have and I'd hazard the guess that most of us (myself not included) will just not be able to pledge to your kickstarter, no matter how much they would like to, atleast not 30-50 CAD.

Which is why I request you would atleast remove the possibility for some to play erlier than others.

awww so thoughtful of you <3 , honestly... the fact that some ppl will have early access does annoy me a bit cuz by the time I get to play, I know lots of ppl are going to be at least lvl 40 if not in there 60s already, though I don't find it unfair cuz they literally payed for a service. So at the end, its quite a debate~
    Now, as for a personal opinion, I think that instead of having early access by paying in the KS, I think all closed beta players should get early access since they are the ones (including me) that are most hyped about the game~ Not just the ppl who pay or that are willing to pay in the KS.

+ infinity xD
    Quote Originally Posted by KuroYami View Post
    honestly... the fact that some ppl will have early access does annoy me a bit cuz by the time I get to play, I know lots of ppl are going to be at least lvl 40 if not in there 60s already
    Exactly =/
    Quote Originally Posted by KuroYami View Post

Now, as for a personal opinion, I think that instead of having early access by paying in the KS, I think all closed beta players should get early access since they are the ones (including me) that are most hyped about the game~ Not just the ppl who pay or that are willing to pay in the KS.
    Hmm yeah I have a feeling this is what Mr Twain was trying to say when he talked about the importance of community.
    Anyway I agree 100% ^^

I can agree with all of you in the fact that I too do not exactly agree with the Kickstarter early access, but I am seeing that other games are starting to pick up this trend as well and I am not sure exactly why it was done here besides to motivate people to spend money. I get what KuroYami is saying that the service is paid for so you get it that way, but I don't really think it should be an option at all as he says. I think I feel less strongly about this subject because everything will be wiped after CBT, so yes people will get a head start, but it is only a part of the CBT phase (I think at least, although I am not sure since you get the other prizes after CBT). But anyways, I understand people's dislike for being able to buy early access in a free to play game. On a side note I am happy that the Kickstarter is up and running since that means CBT is coming soooooon.
    HYPE!!!
    Last edited by Amberaptorr; March 17th, 2016 at 04:13 PM.

w8, isnt supposed that the early access is for open beta? like the rest of the rewards.... if its for cbt (I'm sorry, havent read enough) then I don't really mind Dx

I'm pretty sure early access is for OBT... that being said if the exp rates are like in gpot or even worse do you think that many people would hit lvl50-65? Maybe the hardcore grinders yeah but I doubt everyone who got the early access would be past lvl50 in just 2 days...
    Another thing is don't you think more people would support the kickstarter if they put an early access as a reward there? Do you want the game to be advertised more or do you prefer them to be 'fair' and lose an opportunity to get more donations for advertising? hmmmm

We paint white roses red,
    Each shade from a different person's head

I know your message isnt exactly directed at me but

Quote Originally Posted by XMonogatari View Post
    I'm pretty sure early access is for OBT... that being said if the exp rates are like in gpot or even worse do you think that many people would hit lvl50-65? Maybe the hardcore grinders yeah but I doubt everyone who got the early access would be past lvl50 in just 2 days...
    Obviously not everyone ,but a lot of ppl , just like KuroYami said.

Quote Originally Posted by XMonogatari View Post
    Another thing is don't you think more people would support the kickstarter if they put an early access as a reward there? Do you want the game to be advertised more or do you prefer them to be 'fair' and lose an opportunity to get more donations for advertising? hmmmm
    Yep~ and this is exactly why I dont like it. Its all optional but lookie there is this head start reward too, 30 canadian dollars dont kill , but some just dont have that sort of money to use for something like this , no matter how much theyd like to spend it exactly bc of that reward.

And again , you seem to be mostly responding to KuroYami
    But yes , I would actually prefer they chose to be fair.

Amberaptor put it rly well here
    and I am not sure exactly why it was done here besides to motivate people to spend money
    No one is being forced to do anything but the incentive is heavy. This would be an entirely different matter all together if we were being marketed a lawn mover (or bloody something xD) for 30 cad but the case here is play time for a free to play game.

Quote Originally Posted by CountLudovici View Post
    being able to pay in order to play earlier than others creates a bit of nasty divide between the "Elite who got the headstart" and the ones who.. well didnt xD

In my opinion I do think they should allow early access, I mean yes it would be nice if everyone could start at the same time sure, but the fact is that they need some way to get more people to donate so they can actually gain money because this is their job and 30 CAD really isn't that unfair to play something they are making a bit early. Plus I'm sorry but a lot of people will play the cbt like they are litteraly throwing keys at us, so I don't think everyone who play cbt should get to play obt. Anyways it's only 2 days in the long run and seeing as how with the names you can only get two names per account that shouldn't be much of a problem either. Ehh well at least this is my opinion, then again I may just not fully understand what everyone means. Also Think of it as a fast pass to get on a ride whenever you go to an amusement you pay a bit more and you get to go earlier, and in the end we all still ride the same ride.
    Last edited by Dracoscythe; March 17th, 2016 at 08:21 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast