Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Dexterity build still a viable option? - Post your thoughts!

Default Is Dexterity build still a viable option? - Post your thoughts!

Originally, I was a full Dex Rogue.
    The ability to solo by dodging enemy attacks, and countering with a barrage of counter-crits was spectacular.
    However, in my opinion, it appears that due to the adjustments to Dexterity, this is no longer a viable build. With 186 dex I was around 12% dodge rate at level 30. This included gear, passives, and buffs. This forced me to spend most of my gold on potions. Now that enemies hit harder as well, it forced me to switch to Full strength to burst down my targets.

So the questions I pose to the mathematicians,Luna theory crafters, and even to the average Joe are these:

What's your experience with a full Dex build?
    Does your dodge and critical make up for the consistent damage of a fighter or str rogue?
    Do you find yourself constantly purchasing and spamming potions?
    Do you believe that Dex will rival other builds or other classes at higher levels?

I'm eager to hear your thoughts and opinions!

Syphor
    Last edited by Zealotos1; April 3rd, 2016 at 05:35 AM.
    http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/Zealotos/Signatures/syphor-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zealotos1 View Post
    Does your dodge and critical make up for the consistent damage of a fighter or str rogue?
    Do you believe that Dex will rival other builds or other classes at higher levels?

1. Horrible.
    2. No.
    3. Yes.
    4. No.

The reason being the benefits of pure dexterity are so insignificant that even if you pumped everything you had into it, you would only get a small boost in dodge/accuracy/critical rate. I switched from dex to vitality/str so I could survive a little longer whilst also having more damage to burst targets down. Dex needs to be seriously reworked, because at the moment it's a waste of stat points.

Not so great from the math it may prove viable around levels 81+ with gear and stats bonus but with no rare drop for the time being it's hard to justify
    re-rolling 2/1 str dex provides me with 13% dodge rate and 23% crit rate and overall has been better build experience.
    With my current setup not as much but still more then mage/Majin characters with better upkeep and self skills.
    Not at all at 150-150 with basic 135 legendary gear set stats and how we are progressing it will at least be viable but pure str in dex gear or 2/1 str dex in str gear will prove much stronger.

Engineer by trade, video game theory crafter by choice! if I cant make it simpler I'll make it harder!

At the moment dex is 100% useless for rogues, you want to know why? Beacuse wis gives crit chance and crit damage and dex only gives crit chance so you would be better off building full Wis of you wanted to try a dodge/accuracy build for a rogue (I made a post about changing Wis because in the current state it makes dex pretty useless)
    http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/xUndeadCamperx/BioHazardSiggy_zps313cd15a.png - (The siggy I made, no BB code allowed, rip [/IMG])
    Luna Online (Cbt): BioHazard #1 red pvper

basicly to train thief is hard yeah lvl 30 or 40 it will be bad if u go full dex its not much u get at start wich means lvl 30 is just a start , but when u get lvl like 70+ u will have more dodge % , ur atk speed and aim , + u gona hit like 8 crits from 10 , on CBT didnt had much time to test thief but at lvl 45 i had crit chance 32% and 182% crit dmg on full wis , i think is best way to go at start till lvl 40 2str/1vit , then reset it to like 2dex/1wis , not decided yet, but to keep str for late game i think its nonsence

and i think thief has to be able to use invisible skill at combat

I haven't tried it yet in this Luna reborn, but from my experience long... long... time ago xD
    full dex build is useless at early and mid level, 1 - 90. But once you hit lv 110+ and use this build w/ proper equipment you'll become invicible against melee attack even if ppl have more than 200%+ hit rate xD but totally suck against magic or special attack lol.
    The highest evasion I can get with this build at that time on lv115 was 361% eva without magnus aura and pots, prolly can hit 383% with it ( I forgot)
    Please note that this stat was from official server in Indonesia, and not from private servers with their changed item value crap and things...
    Well things might be different for another official server (aside from Indonesia) so yeah.. I might be wrong lol, and this new Luna reborn might be different too orz...

edit: I forgot to mention the class that I use for this was Entrapper,
    Last edited by VayneAurelious; April 26th, 2016 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VayneAurelious View Post
    I haven't tried it yet in this Luna reborn, but from my experience long... long... time ago xD
    full dex build is useless at early and mid level, 1 - 90. But once you hit lv 110+ and use this build w/ proper equipment you'll become invicible against melee attack even if ppl have more than 200%+ hit rate xD but totally suck against magic or special attack lol.
    The highest evasion I can get with this build at that time on lv115 was 361% eva without magnus aura and pots, prolly can hit 383% with it ( I forgot)
    Please note that this stat was from official server in Indonesia, and not from private servers with their changed item value crap and things...
    Well things might be different for another official server (aside from Indonesia) so yeah.. I might be wrong lol, and this new Luna reborn might be different too orz...

edit: I forgot to mention the class that I use for this was Entrapper,
    Are game has had way more stat changes, even Luna Plus already have DEX/EVA nerf, currently for 45% evasion with just dex you will need 900 Dex plus stat returns, considering enchant procs and gear your need to be 100+ to achieve this without having MM gear and enchants depending on how are endgame has been nerfed.

for now we still have some time to wait for people to get that high of a level.

Engineer by trade, video game theory crafter by choice! if I cant make it simpler I'll make it harder!

leveling rogues is taking a long time.......better off making a different class

i dont get physical defend benefit from leather armor as rogue, except bonus stats like vit on my armor. maybe thats why mob hit so hard. or am i wrong?

if that so, isnt it useless enchant + my armor?

physical defend work fine now

back to topic, i think i continue my rogue dex build (maybe i mix little str there)
    maybe its bit hard and bit useless in the end
    but i just wanna build my character as i like with fun
    for the reason i playin games

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast