77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 75.32%
  • No

19 24.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transmogrification

Lightbulb Transmogrification

Hiya! I was just curious to see if anyone else would be interested in a transmogging option. For those who don't know, transmogging is an option where you can make items look like other items but keep the original item and stats. Transmogging is purely cosmetic. Say you have a high level weapon but like the looks of a lower level one. Rather than having to carry around the lower level one for RP purposes or just for looks, you can make your higher level one look like it instead! Again, just wanting to see if anyone was interested. Please let me know!

Id rather like some kind of cash shop weapon skins :3

Quote Originally Posted by Iancom View Post
    Id rather like some kind of cash shop weapon skins :3
    Why not have both options? ^-^

The idea is nice but simple adding a weapon costume slot that can be equipped with the weapon of your type would be perfect since we already have slots for everything else.

Engineer by trade, video game theory crafter by choice! if I cant make it simpler I'll make it harder!

I love this idea. Especially for costumes so you can mix and match and still get set effects.
    Oniee - Eclipse

I'm slightly against weapon costumes from a pvp perspective.
    A.) Would it hide enchant levels (high enchants get glows, ie +9 is purple, +15 is red
    B.) it would hide the weapon type, when names are off (aka guild tourney and castle siege).

Quote Originally Posted by RuRuRuRuRu View Post
    A.) Would it hide enchant levels (high enchants get glows, ie +9 is purple, +15 is red
    B.) it would hide the weapon type, when names are off (aka guild tourney and castle siege).
    I actually kind of like it, particularly for the second reason you mentioned. As for the first reason, there's no reason why the skin couldn't still have the glow. c:

Quote Originally Posted by RuRuRuRuRu View Post
    As part of the transmog system, it would have to be within the same weapon type. So a staff could only be transmogged into another staff, and swords into swords, etc.
    As far as the enchant levels, I'm sure something could be worked out to where the glow would be the same. We can bring that up as a possibility.

Oh so you guys will take this from GW2 but you won't take the mob tagging system?

Just to clarify, I'm not against transmog, I'm 100% for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigvalce View Post
    Oh so you guys will take this from GW2 but you won't take the mob tagging system?

Just to clarify, I'm not against transmog, I'm 100% for it.
    I personally am not familiar with GW2, but I remember loving the transmog system in WoW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast