Thread: The little cleric that could. Easy 45 for cbt.

Default The little cleric that could. Easy 45 for cbt.

Hello all, this is a simple guide for a cleric in the current cbt. If you need to get a character to level 45 for tier 3 rewards, or a quick second for tier 4, or even if you just want to try out cleric.

I will cover build, items, skills, solo and group methods as you go. You will not need anybody for anything, but it's always funner to play with friends. And the last few levels are better for group play.

Helpful pre tips.
    - If you've already played a character, any pet 2* and up is a great help. If not, don't worry you get one after mines quests. Ranged pets pref.
    -Do not enchant anything before level 30. Pointless and reduces your funds.
    - Do not destruct anything pre 35. They give very little gems and you need 0 potions. Sell them for gold to buy skills and for enchanting phase.
    -During item gain rate weather even, grind normal mobs for soul stones, mount stones and diamond. This is money in your pocket or pet upgrades.

1. Making your cleric
    I prefer elf as the race for base stats. Human is fine if you need it as 2nd 45 race or just prefer.

Your path is mage>cleric>priest

Your stat points go 2 wis/1 bit. Or you may do 3 wis every level if you plan to forego wisdom reinforces later in favor of vitality ones. OR if you have a friend to play with from the start and do not plan to solo.

Why no int you ask? Because we do not care about the nominal power boost currently. You will see as we progress in this guide.

2. Skills as I level
    -Mage tree
    as soon as you get level 2, purchase level 1heal. After this buy only your buffs, passive and heal upgrades. Skills this job: Heal, blessed heart, reinforced wisdom, and passives: enhanced mp. Intelligence position, and wise position.

Durring this job you will only auto attack and heal when necessary. Let your pet do most of the work (pressing P opens pet menu to set their skills active)
    Trust me this isn't as slow as it sounds. Especially if you have a 2* pet or better at start. The free 1* slime is still helpful.

Cleric:
    Now that your a cleric, buy divine judgement and fast heal first. Then as you level same drill max only passives, buffs, heals, and divine judgement.
    Skills this job: divine judgement, heals, fast heal, wisdom, reinforced wisdom, and blessed heart. Passives: enhanced mp, int position, and wise position.

Now you can cast divine judgement and auto attack with pet. You shouldn't need to recast except for bosses. This will melt regular mobs and drop bosses much faster allowing you to dps while healing.
    Note: Do not bother with no shield (mana aura) no need for it.

Priest:
    Now your entering the final stretch, pick up your new buffs and group heal. No need for great heal.
    New skills: group heal, wizardry, barrier, shield, shrewd spell. And all your previously leveled abilities.

Here your solo strategy is the same, but we will mostly be looking for boss group during weather events for fastest exp.

3. Leveling process
    Start the game and clear all Alker gate, harbor and ruins quests. This will put you between 14-16 depending on how many weather events you get and how many extra kills you did along the way.

Once in zakandia outpost, same drill all quests. When you pick up the repeatable goblin quest just do it once as you have the quest to kill all the goblins together. I'd advise picking them all up. Finish them all, turn them all in. Repeat. Once you hit level 20 (should be right around the time you have the goblin boss quests) head back and grab your job change. This is to kill warriors and archers, same as on yourgoblin boss quests. Slay em all and become a cleric, grab your judgement and finish off the bosses if you haven't already done so. And finished quests here.

Head to zakandia and again do all quests. (You can do repeatables once along with normal quests ur killing same stuff anyways) You will get the mines quests around 23 along with kill Giles and evil golem, do those first. Head into mines and clear this quest chain getting your 2* pet. And should be around level 28. If your not, head over to bear boss or farm chimeras in mines to finish 28.

Up until now I have advised questing over grinding as to not burn yourself out too early. And to get your pet. Once in tarintus you may grind or quest as normal. Grind on sharney in the north if you want to boss farm, or zombie rep just below him if you don't (both can be done solo or with people). Or quest as normal. Till ~30/32. Then move to forest and same drill. Quest if you like. Farm bear boss at the cottage, golem boss south, or gargoyle boss far west (least crowded) for boss farming. Go with fire golems or orc rep for regular mobs. Your goal here is ~35.
    At this point you keep your eyes out for 250/500% weather event and form a group to farm golem or gargoyle boss the full hour. This is massive exp and fastest path to 40. use one of your 50% exp scrolls here durring event and continue to farm bosses with a 2-4man group while on scroll after if possible.

Once your 40 complete your priest job change.
    If you wish to grind solo or when no weather is up, go to predator gargoyles in north red orc. These are decent exp, not crowded except for merc job changes who will welcome your help, and easy to avoid being jumped. Plus a boss nearby if you wish.

For group options and weather events. you have a few. First is lamia/lizard boss in swamp, just by orc outpost entrance. Or you may go to basalisk, or finally stick to your gargoyle boss or harpy queen in red orc. Use an exp scroll durring weather event and either log out when no event to save scroll or continue farming with a smaller group on it. In no time you will be 45.

4. Gear
    First off, use shield and wand. You want high vit and wisdom on all gear possible. Do not enchant anything till 30+ save your money.
    Choose any robe set between 30/35/40 that you like the most and once you aquire pieces with decent boosts you need, enchant them up as high as you can. I went with lv30 set and made it +8.
    Only bother enchanting weapon/shield higher at lv40. You may do +1-3 or even 5 if You have alot of peira and gold on lv30/35 wep and shield.
    You may enchant belt/jewelry/helm at 40 OR if you find one with really high vit or wis along the way.

Notable stats:
    Wand-vit/int
    Shield-wis/vit
    Chest- dodge/vit
    boots- move speed
    Gloves- int
    Helm/belt- wis/vit

You should destruct all junk lv35+ items for gems.

Reinforce your lv40 gear with wisdom where able, or vit if you need a boost. Move speed on boots. Int only if you can't put wis or bit.

5. Why these stats for cbt
    We are going wis/vit and high ench armor to simply make life easier. This boosts your defenses, infinate mana and a decent crit rate and damage as well as high heal amount. Since we rely on divine judgement and auto we dont need mega int. And party is our dps in groups. We want to notget 1 shotted and be able to do what we want when we want

6. Closing statement.
    If I missed anything feel free to post. I wrote this at work on my phone. When I get home I plan to fine tune it a bit to make sure no major auto correct mistakes happened. And I really hope this helps some of you.

Edit: so much for fixing auto correct errors, cant edit the post anymore.

I'd like to add that not all passives are needed but in the end it's up2you.
    And i don't recommend going full wis.
    We also don't need int for another reason, wis gives us crit rate and crit power both of which work with heals as well, at level 36 i had almost 20% crit rate with like 160% crit power, so all we need is stack things like wis/vit/and bit of dex for accuracy and additional crit.
    Basically the 3 stats you go for on gear are vit/wis/dex.
    All three can be gotten together on every piece of garment you use if you're lucky with the rolls.

And currently both heals are needed to keep people from dying immediately after something looks at them funny, it's so bad that you can't get your eyes off peoples health bars while in party without somebody dropping dead on you..
    Vicious time to be a healer in this game for sure, but at least you have no time to get bored lol.
    Also prepare to get blamed all the time for "not healing properly" when you in party, well, the usual business in any mmo. xD
    Last edited by Urthemiel; April 11th, 2016 at 04:28 AM.
    Are you even human? 
-Yes, i am. 
I see, in that case, i'd rather be a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Urthemiel View Post
    I'd like to add that not all passives are needed but in the end it's up2you.
    And i don't recommend going full wis.
    We also don't need int for another reason, wis gives us crit rate and crit power both of which work with heals as well, at level 36 i had almost 20% crit rate with like 160% crit power, so all we need is stack things like wis/vit/and bit of dex for accuracy and additional crit.
    Basically the 3 stats you go for on gear are vit/wis/dex.
    All three can be gotten together on every piece of garment you use if you're lucky with the rolls.

And currently both heals are needed to keep people from dying immediately after something looks at them funny, it's so bad that you can't get your eyes off peoples health bars while in party without somebody dropping dead on you..
    Vicious time to be a healer in this game for sure, but at least you have no time to get bored lol.
    Also prepare to get blamed all the time for "not healing properly" when you in party, well, the usual business in any mmo. xD
    wrong on all counts. Have had no issues keeping anyone alive and have died 0 times solo. Do not need any dex period. Passives help, no reason not to get.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHelix View Post
    wrong on all counts. Have had no issues keeping anyone alive and have died 0 times solo. Do not need any dex period. Passives help, no reason not to get.
    "rolleyes" whatever you say.
    Are you even human? 
-Yes, i am. 
I see, in that case, i'd rather be a monster.