Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Healer Questions (Jobs)

Default Healer Questions (Jobs)

To be an effective healer in the Level 40+ dungeons, Do I need the Priest AOE heals? Currently, I'm Cleric and not sure if I want the INT buff from Sorcerer or AOE heals from Priest. Any thoughts?

I have been given conflicting info.. I'm told I NEED the AOE healing skill to be a healer in the dungeons, but then other people are telling me going Priest is a waste and i NEED the INT buff from Sorcerer.. I dont know which to choose
    Last edited by Fervid; April 22nd, 2016 at 07:29 AM.

I would say preference. if you can manage with just fast and regular heal until bish (assuming thats where your headed) then skip priest for now. If you want it early go for it. You could always reclass later on and swap your priest for sorc. Unless you dont want to deal with getting a scroll.
    It may help your decision to factor in class passives too since we are getting them back soon:
    Priest > +3% VIT, +3% Max MP
    Sorcerer > +3% Magic Attack, +3% Cast Speed

Im not a pro healer or anything so I dont honestly know if you "need" to go one way or the other. But i did have the passive info to provide and think you should do what you feel is right for you.

DarthBane- Lv4x Mercenary
    DarthPayne- Lv4x Swordsman
    DarthHelix- Lv4x Thief

Guild: BloodReign
    Alliance:

Honestly it all depends on if you want to spend the SP. But if your fast enough at pushing buttons and pay attention to health bars I'm sure fast heal and regular heal in dungeons is enough. PK Battles might be a problem though if you plan on healing....
    http://i64.tinypic.com/fc7mkj.jpg
    ~Loli's Do It Better~ Doll of PotatoParty

Quote Originally Posted by LoliDoll View Post
    Honestly it all depends on if you want to spend the SP. But if your fast enough at pushing buttons and pay attention to health bars I'm sure fast heal and regular heal in dungeons is enough. PK Battles might be a problem though if you plan on healing....
    I agree with her description. AOE heals essentially aren't technically "necessary" but they do make your life easier as a healer.
    Example: You're in a tank party in a dungeon or wherever. You can mostly focus on healing the tank and your job is already made easy. However, remove the tank from the party and any dps is the role of the person Aggro'ing so it could potentially switch between multiple people during any given boss enemy. If you're fighting out in some maps, smaller enemies also make their way into your boss grinds and can cause serious random havoc since they will either attack an aoe-user or just who is closest making everything very unpredictable.

So really aoe heal is just a precaution that can be made in some parties to give you a little leeway in your heals--but it does indeed depend on the party whether or not it is useful
    Guild: Reborn \o/ Looking for friendly members ^^
    Guild Page: https://*******/aTimij
    Guild Discord Chat: https://discord.gg/9cRUF5K You can join even if you are not a member of our Guild
    Hello My Name Is:

[MOD]Jekuty in game~Message me if you need any help ;3

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHelix View Post
    I would say preference. if you can manage with just fast and regular heal until bish (assuming thats where your headed) then skip priest for now. If you want it early go for it. You could always reclass later on and swap your priest for sorc. Unless you dont want to deal with getting a scroll.
    It may help your decision to factor in class passives too since we are getting them back soon:
    Priest > +3% VIT, +3% Max MP
    Sorcerer > +3% Magic Attack, +3% Cast Speed

Im not a pro healer or anything so I dont honestly know if you "need" to go one way or the other. But i did have the passive info to provide and think you should do what you feel is right for you.
    where is the job passive information ?

The only skill i want from sorcerer (if i'm a healer) is bloodstream

but i don't know bloodstream effectiveness on wis build xD

i think AoE heal is important if boss/enemy have AoE skill except no boss in this game that can hit AoE.

ToD bosses hit aoe :c
    Guild: Reborn \o/ Looking for friendly members ^^
    Guild Page: https://*******/aTimij
    Guild Discord Chat: https://discord.gg/9cRUF5K You can join even if you are not a member of our Guild
    Hello My Name Is:

[MOD]Jekuty in game~Message me if you need any help ;3

to be a healer, a good one, the aoe heal is essential.

not only do things aoe, which group heal easily covers, but you can use group heal as essentially another heal to keep your tank up, or to heal yourself and the tank at once if you've taken damage. or to heal that dps hitter who keeps getting hit for some reason, and the tank at once. it helps buffer your cooldowns of greater heal and fast heal as well.

to not have group heal, is basically, really bad.
    Last edited by SeriousBusiness; April 22nd, 2016 at 12:25 PM.

You guys are all very helpful. Thank you so much for all the info.

I've decided to go Priest for now and when I pick up Bishop later on, I will redo and change Priest to Sorcerer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast