Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide ~ Full Support Mage

Default Guide ~ Full Support Mage

1. Introduction

Hello to everyone that takes the time to read this. This is a guide about how to be an effective support and what you can do to aid your party.
    Being a support isn't as easy as people think and you need to learn how to effectively learn these 3 things: Debuffing, Healing, Buffing.

2. Races

There are two Races in Luna Online:Reborn : Human and Elf.

Both Races (currently) have the same base stats for whatever Class you choose, so for Mage, the starting stats are:

3 STR, 3 DEX, 6 VIT, 6 INT, 6 WIS

This means that both Races get the same stats, so that saves some decision making but to be an effective support I believe, and strongly recommend, that going Elf is the master Race.

3. Classes

All classes are split amongst the 2 Races and some Classes are shared. Below is a list of all the available Classes a Mage can become.

Out of the 2 Races Elf is a better Race compared to Human because it has the Elemental Master/Rune Master Classes for the Race. Since the Human Race locked Classes are focused more on damage it is suboptimal to choose Human as you will have less variety of support Classes to choose from. Thus Elf is a better choice of Race when going Full Support.

4. Stats

Out of the 5 Stat points that are available: STR, DEX, VIT, INT, WIS; the 3 Stats that are relevant to Mages are VIT, INT and WIS. As a Full Support Mage the VIT and WIS are what need to be focused on.

Currently VIT gives max HP, Physcial Defense (P.Def) and HP Recovery, whilst WIS gives max MP, Magical Defense (M.Def), MP Recovery and increases Healing Power.
    All things mentioned above from VIT and WIS help contribute to becoming a good Support.

You can be either Full VIT, Full WIS or Hybrid VIT & WIS. Balancing both defenses helps survive out in PVE and PVP (if you like that) so ensuring that there is a good balance of both stats is essential, it is better if P.Def leads over M.Def as most sources of damage whilst leveling are Physical, this greatly increases the chances of not dying when taking damage.

Pros vs Cons

Full VIT:
    This build will survive more/longer in battle but will utilize more mana pots, it will also heal slightly less overall.

Full WIS:
    This build heals more compared to the VIT build, should have no issue with mana, but has a lesser chance to survive if aggro changes to you whilst healing or if the tank dies.

5. Paths

There are 2 Tier 4 support classes, Cardinal and Rune Master. Cardinal is the Class that has a strong wide range of heals, some buffs and support ability, whilst Rune Master is the Class that has a unique array of buffs, debuffs and has some healing capabilities along with debuffing.

Taking the above into consideration it can be determined that there are 2 end-game goals to strive for, but choosing the Tier 4 class you want is up to you based on how you like to play or what you want your role to be in a party.

Below are the paths that I think are most effective for these ending Classes:

Cardinal:
    Mage > Cleric > Priest > Elemental Master (Elf) > Cardinal

Rune Master:
    Mage > Cleric > Priest > Bishop > Rune Master (Elf)

Looking at the 2 paths stated above both the Tier 1 & 2 Classes are the same and start diverging at Tier 3. This is because the paths are for Full Support Mage and doing anything besides Cleric and Priest would be doing a hybrid path.

Cleric is the beginner Support class, it introduces us to Support buffs and Single target healing. It also has access to some debuffs and dots that can be used to aid the party whilst leveling.

Priest is when our role as the Support starts to shine. Priest has access to another heal that was previously unattainable at Cleric and that is Group Heal. This allows the Priest to heal multiple people at the same time and makes the job of healing much easier.

At Tier 3 there is the choice of Bishop and Elemental Master. Bishops are more attuned to healing whereas Elemental Masters are kitted out with unique buffs to further aid the other members of the party.

At Tier 4 is the upgraded versions of the previous Classes Cardinal and Rune Master. Cardinals continue to hone their skills as healers and get a few nifty actives to help them support as well. Rune Masters become amazing buffers giving party members tons of extra ways to damage their enemies along with gaining some skills of their own to protect them from dying or to neutralize the enemy attacking you.

6. Skill Guide

Below is a list of the skills each support Class can learn. We will use this as the basis for the skill guide for each Class going forward.

Both paths have the same Classes at Tier 1 and Tier 2 so there is no variation in the skill build. Once hitting lvl 70 and having to decide if you want to end as Cardinal or Rune Master at Tier 4 (if you haven’t already decided) you will be faced with 2 options, either Bishop or Elemental Master for Tier 3 classes. Either path is a viable way to be a Full Support Mage, but ultimately comes down to personal choice. I will be going the Cardinal path and will thus base my skill build and the rest of this guide off of that.

Lvl 1-19

Level 1-20 is fairly simple, just take the essential Support skills and just use your pet you get in the early levels (the Slime) to kill things for you. You should be able to do this all the way until lvl 20.

*Ice Arrow is optional as it gives a little damage to help solo but also a has a 67% chance to slow enemies at Lvl 5.
    ** Enhanced MP is optional but until it is 100% determined what it does and how much it will help saving the SP for other support skills later on will be better.

Lvl 20-39

Once hitting lvl 20 doing the job change quest is recommended, this will give you essential skills to help support for the next 20 levels. These levels are tricky, but finding a party will help out alot.

*Enhanced MP is optional but until it is 100% determined what it does and how much it will help saving the SP for other support skills later on will be better.
    **Mana Aurora is an ok skill to get, especially with 1 level, changing the hp damage we take into mp damage instead, the downside is that running out of mana becomes an issue.

Lvl 40-69

Once again, after hitting level 40, the aim should be to do the job change quest right away to increase the amount we can support. This level range is when the partying starts to become easier. Tanks start becoming tanks, DPS get more power, and Full Supports get more tools available to help us keep people alive, make them stronger, and weaken enemies.

*Enhanced MP is optional but until it is 100% determined what it does and how much it will help saving the SP for other support skills later on will be better.
    **Mana Aurora is an ok skill to get, especially with 1 level, changing the hp damage we take into mp damage instead, the downside is that running out of mana becomes an issue.
    ***Beholder is a buff that enables us to see stealthed enemies, the only real use is in PvP. You can take this if you wish, but it is not essential to help leveling.

Lvl 70-99

After making it this far, you should have a good idea of which class you want to go, whether it be Bishop or Elemental Master. Once a Class has been decided you need to focus on finishing the job change as fast as possible yet again. A Full Support Mage’s job stays very much the same during this level range as it was from level 40-69. If you chose to go Bishop you get stronger heals, and the buffs you got from Priest get stronger. If Elemental Master was the job chosen healing skills take a back seat in exchange for more buffs to increase the array you have to buff your party.

***Beholder is a buff that enables us to see stealthed enemies, the only real use is in PvP. You can take this if you wish, but it is not essential to help leveling.

Lvl 100+

This is the end game that everyone works towards, level 100, Tier 4 jobs, the end job. By the time you hit level 100 it should be clear which is the last Class you want to take, either Cardinal or Rune Master. Once again the job of the Full Support is the same since level 40, just the tools available to do the job have changed and increased. Following any of the 2 paths mentioned in this guide should give enough variety of heals and buffs to be an effective Full Support Mage regardless of which path you took.

PRO guide! I hope all guides on this forum is like this.

I don't want to see any **** guide from someone without any substance at all. I saw a lot from one person with no description about the paths and why we should take it.

To OP, please teach me senpai. Talk to me on Skype

Thanks for the guide, just a question, Is holy taker another AoE?

Quote Originally Posted by Amalric View Post
    Thanks for the guide, just a question, Is holy taker another AoE?
    Firstly thank you for taking the time to look at my guide :3

Currently there is no way to tell, there is no skill info on it and we can't reach a high enough level to test it currently. I'm basing my assumption on the skill off old luna until we get text info for it, and yes it was an AOE, it was also a DOT skill.

why would wis increase your heal? i tought heal is increased by raising int and wis only increase your mp , mp regen and mdef?

Quote Originally Posted by Miyoung View Post
    why would wis increase your heal? i tought heal is increased by raising int and wis only increase your mp , mp regen and mdef?
    it's on the stat description, and I believe currently wis will increase your heal more than int...
    Seize My Castle! Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation
    https://imgur.com/3hbyjtT

Quote Originally Posted by Kamuisama View Post
    it's on the stat description, and I believe currently wis will increase your heal more than int...
    ahhh i seee saw it just now.. so increasing int is kinda useless? then another question, if i level up all the skill you mentioned above with the optional one , then the sp will be enough or not?

thank you very much for this guide I been waiting for someone to post this thanks again bookmarked for later

Quote Originally Posted by Miyoung View Post
    ahhh i seee saw it just now.. so increasing int is kinda useless? then another question, if i level up all the skill you mentioned above with the optional one , then the sp will be enough or not?
    It's not useless, but Supports get more out of raising WIS over INT. Also the Healing Power is about double on WIS compared to INT.
    At my current level I have not ran out of SP at any point in time to upgrade a skill(s) when I can. And I still have a little left over currently. By the time level 70 comes around there should be plenty of SP leftover to pump into new skills right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjaketime View Post
    thank you very much for this guide I been waiting for someone to post this thanks again bookmarked for later
    You are welcome, and thank you for coming by my guide.

Thank you for this guide, it is very helpful c:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast