Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [May 13th, 2016] Patch Notes

Default [May 13th, 2016] Patch Notes

Today's Patch is primarily focused on introducing a system mechanic called the "Auto Note"

This is a tool players can access via their Skills Tab (K), and can use it to send a prompt to players accused of botting.

The Prompt can only be sent if the player in question is currently in combat.

If the player is question fails to respond to the prompt, their character is kicked from the server and given a temp ban.

The above image is an example of the what the prompt looks like. In this example, the player must correctly respond with "Blue Blue Blue Yellow" in order to succeed.

If the player who issued the report is correct, they can send another autonote after a 2 minute delay. However, if he was incorrect, meaning the player successfully answered the prompt, they must wait 1 hour before sending any more.

We hope this will help fight the Botters.

Have a great day,
    -Alectronas

Yeah I remember this. But with pets on auto attack and the player sitting down, is it considered in combat too?

Too bad we can't use this against those shout botters in Alker.

Quote Originally Posted by LordFiq View Post
    Yeah I remember this. But with pets on auto attack and the player sitting down, is it considered in combat too?

I wouldn't think so because Pets can't be programmed by macros the players are just Afk.

how if someone spamming us with auto note when we're grinding?

Quote Originally Posted by LimLieHui View Post
    how if someone spamming us with auto note when we're grinding?
    The skill itself has a cooldown of two minutes, if you successfully answer the AutoNote correctly, players will not be able to AutoNote you for an hour.

Nice idea for players who played honestly. But imo I think they use bot because we can't gain much exp which we used to get it more on quest than normal combat (hunting). So if you want to remove botters, please give us more exp.

Thanks

Ok suppose someone is AFK and a mob attacks him will the system consider him to be in combat?

Very much appreciated. But I wonder if "in combat" include being attacked by mobs or some other rules over there?

Lets say we let our friends leech our party, and someone take advantage of this and report him while the leeching players are taking damage from mobs luring. Would that leeching player got a temp ban?
    Because as far as I know, many people need to rest a bit while grinding.. and rolling leech to rest a bit.
    But yeah. Thanks for the effort.

All "afk" players BAN.. is just?...
    NO IS BETTER block QMacro and Cheat Engine??? is hard block?

Quote Originally Posted by LordFiq View Post

Without it being fully out to test directly, but using a pet on first strike as a majin with battle heal (heal only works when in combat or readied stance) will not heal you so by that mechanic you shouldn't be in combat.

The only concern I have is when people train mobs (aka 2nd group pulls mobs either outruns on time or stuns then runs to drop mobs and aggressives attack you enroute on the afker) and then report you. Which a certain holier than thou guild has been known for doing, you are considered in combat basing off the battle heal mechanic. I tested that 2 ways, 1 by running into the mob and not targeting it myself and then press battle heal and one just sitting there (figuratively, since you can't even attempt to cast spells while sitting) waiting for it to hit me then press battle heal, both of which the battle heal registered in turn means in combat.

Got a solution to that training issue or we're going to ignore that does not happen?

Also need to be added, if I'm "temp banned" while going to let's say the bathroom, I'm not going to know who "auto noted me" to file a report towards the perpetrator who trained the mob to intentionally do so.
    Last edited by AntiHeroSentry; May 13th, 2016 at 02:01 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast