Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Proficiency and Job Penalty

Default Weapon Proficiency and Job Penalty

For an example using a WD that sucks with a lot of weapons, they have a 60% use of Fans. If I were to get the fan passive to level 8 for 40%. Is that an additive on the math to be 100% use? And I know for the wand there is no penalty on the magic attack stat, is that true for the fan as well and only for the attack damage or both? And what was the job penalty of using dancer skills on a WD and vice versa? I think it's 10% but I'm not too sure. Ty ty /o/

Viva!~ Yaoi!

Yes, the mastery passives are additive. If I remember correctly, all the mastery passives only affect your regular attack damage, so magic attack shouldn't be a factor.

And yes, Witch Doctor would suffer a 10% penalty from using Dancer skills.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

Ty. So are you also saying if I use a skill that uses attack stat, it will be penalized not just from the job penalty (if any) but from the weapon proficiency not being 100%?

After reading a bit further into it, it seems physical skills are affected by weapon proficiency. So yes, you would be affected by two different penalties.

Anyone is free to correct me if I'm wrong.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

Ok ty ty. /o/

Quote Originally Posted by Superstarstrike View Post
    After reading a bit further into it, it seems physical skills are affected by weapon proficiency. So yes, you would be affected by two different penalties.

Anyone is free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    I thought the m.atk stat also had a penalty on weapons unless you had the proficiency, which is why subbing wand on some jobs was pretty useless. Made the skills penalties even harder to overcome since there is no wand proficiency boost.
    IGN: Meyera
    Guild: Illustrious
    Main Job(s):
    Dancer - subs: Witch Doctor-Blood Cure Poison + Wizard-Spellcasting
    Mercenary - Subs: Blademaster-Martyr Arts + Wizard-Spellcasting

The only thing proficiency does is determine how many percent of its physical attack is granted to you. It only affects the physical attack stat and nothing else.

Job proficiency is a different penalty that applies to subbed skills, the two are unrelated in every way.

Mastery skills and weapon proficiency are additive. 8 levels of mastery will fully mitigate a 60 weapon proficiency. There is no bonus effect if the total is above 100.

Job proficiency cannot be mitigated.

A lower physical attack stat will result in lower physical damage.

Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Peter Dager in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMOAKFrost View Post
    The only thing proficiency does is determine how many percent of its physical attack is granted to you. It only affects the physical attack stat and nothing else.

Job proficiency is a different penalty that applies to subbed skills, the two are unrelated in every way.

Mastery skills and weapon proficiency are additive. 8 levels of mastery will fully mitigate a 60 weapon proficiency. There is no bonus effect if the total is above 100.

Job proficiency cannot be mitigated.

A lower physical attack stat will result in lower physical damage.
    And just to clarify, Job proficiency in this case is 10% dmg (Doesn't matter if physical or magic attack) and 10% longer cooldowns for dancer and wd right? /o/

is that means .... everyjob that wanna do AoE ... can sub fencer AoE with no fencer mastery skills ?

fencers skills are magic , so having the sword mastery only effect the physical attack right? ._.
    and the magic demage from his single and AoE skills are still 100% full demage (except for job penalties)

Quote Originally Posted by RyuKuon View Post
    is that means .... everyjob that wanna do AoE ... can sub fencer AoE with no fencer mastery skills ?

fencers skills are magic , so having the sword mastery only effect the physical attack right? ._.
    and the magic demage from his single and AoE skills are still 100% full demage (except for job penalties)
    Fencer aoes all have 100% amplification, so you will still take a penalty for not having sword mastery.

If you were using, say, wizard aoes, then yes, you don't need wand mastery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast