Thread: Need guide for pure tank, pls

Default Need guide for pure tank, pls

Hello guys, me and 3 of my friends playing this game and we had dame and support healer already, that means i am going foe pure tank in the party, can anyone experienced about this path can help me out?

Um... this is 2 1/2 months ago but... do you still need some pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by AldrichcreNjU27 View Post
    Um... this is 2 1/2 months ago but... do you still need some pointers?
    please reply the pointers... is it better to have an elf pure tank and what is the good path for it

Little that I knew that I know a little.

Hi guys.

I've played a tank since the term was formed in the gaming community. There's something missing in the definition used among players in the Suba community. Tanks wear a few different hats, and there's three types.

First and foremost, Tanks aren't just damage soakers, they also have to keep potential damage off of and away from "squishier" party members. Tanks DO have to be able to deal enough damage to focus and hold their own against any MAIN bosses. There's more on secondary or mini bosses and adds, but we'll get to that.

Main Tanks also have to know instances dungeons and raids well enough that they can correctly and successfully lead a party through them step by step, knowing how to best use each party members abilities experience and strengths, as a TEAM.

Now, as to other tanks, there are Secondary tanks, who assist main tanks as a means for main tanks to take a break if necessary, and to "ping pong" main bosses for the purpose of lowering the load on both of them. A secondary tank is also there to take over, should the main tank no longer be able to continue.

OFF TANKS.....these guys are probably the most MIS used, UNDER appreciated, and improperly defined roles across the board in ANY game or gaming company. Off Tanks have two jobs, in part, when the secondary tank isn't busy fulfilling their role assisting the Main Tank, Off Tanks work with them to take down lesser or "mini" bosses as quickly as possible. Off Tanks MAIN JOB, is to keep enemies OFF the party members with lower defenses, or "squishies". THAT'S their job.

almost anyone can be a tank, but there's an order to it, not just dependent on built in roles, but on how each player builds, so the "Tankiest" person in a party, will be the one who can absorb the most damage, DEAL the most damage, LEAD a group as a well organized TEAM, AND when necessary, PULL enemies AWAY from the party without taking focus off the task at hand. These aren't separate requirements, a Main tank must be able to meet them all.

thoughts?
    Last edited by Whymewhyno0rP3M; January 10th, 2018 at 01:23 PM.

delete this post, for some reason i cant
    Last edited by Whymewhyno0rP3M; January 11th, 2018 at 07:21 PM.