Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fix windows 10 lag

Really old player trying to return but this fix isn't working for me; I have appalling frames as everyone indicates I used the .dll the exact same as other people (same file as well) and when I launch the game on the gear selection page it's just black screen with occasional flickers of what it should be. I have confirmed my drivers are up to date and am at a loss of what to do now... I am really interested in returning but starting over and these issues is steering me away.
    Last edited by Istrome; October 17th, 2016 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Istrome View Post
    Really old player trying to return but this fix isn't working for me; I have appalling frames as everyone indicates I used the .dll the exact same as other people (same file as well) and when I launch the game on the gear selection page it's just black screen with occasional flickers of what it should be. I have confirmed my drivers are up to date and am at a loss of what to do now... I am really interested in returning but starting over and these issues is steering me away.
    Don't know. You on win 10?

If you have a NVidia card make sure for ACE every thing is set to "application controlled" if it's a option in control panel that can be set, either globally or specific to ACE. Also set everything for ACE to "performance" option or globally. Just a idea, it's what I do.

After talking to Hustler_One I have a better understanding of what the file does. It basically forces the game to run using DirectX 9, instead of whatever it's running through without the file (probably DirectX 12, as it's the main feature of Windows 10).
    http://i.imgur.com/zNrztxB.png
    Why does suba butcher this fine image?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf7191 View Post
    After talking to Hustler_One I have a better understanding of what the file does. It basically forces the game to run using DirectX 9, instead of whatever it's running through without the file (probably DirectX 12, as it's the main feature of Windows 10).
    #BROKEN/Hustler_One/Sonblade/whateverthehellIgoby here,I think you misunderstood what I had told you :<

My theory was that with the W10 Anniversary Update, something ACE used was either broken or changed with DX9 or the d3d9.dll at the system level, causing massive performance issues (my guess is causing the game to render using the CPU rather than the GPU). Since ACE (and pretty much every game usually) checks their root folder for .dll before looking in system32, throwing the d3d9.dll into the game's root folder will avoid the use of the changes the update introduced, and in turn fix the performance issues.

I am by no means a programmer though, so don't take this as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperUniqueName View Post
    #BROKEN/Hustler_One/Sonblade/whateverthehellIgoby here,I think you misunderstood what I had told you :<

My theory was that with the W10 Anniversary Update, something ACE used was either broken or changed with DX9 or the d3d9.dll at the system level, causing massive performance issues (my guess is causing the game to render using the CPU rather than the GPU). Since ACE (and pretty much every game usually) checks their root folder for .dll before looking in system32, throwing the d3d9.dll into the game's root folder will avoid the use of the changes the update introduced, and in turn fix the performance issues.

I am by no means a programmer though, so don't take this as gospel.
    I asked you if it forces the game to run using the file, you said yes The parenthesis is a part of my own theory, based on what I have read at other places
    http://i.imgur.com/zNrztxB.png
    Why does suba butcher this fine image?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperUniqueName View Post
    Hustler_One here
    Hustler One huh....I feel like we'd get along
    http://puu.sh/ws0iN/a6f48e12d9.jpg

Hustler? I barely know 'er!

Grorious and Honorabre Chairman of ANI - ChairmanMao, July 2012
    Dear Leader of BCU - General Commander BobSaget, June 2014, August 2015, January 2016

It works for me
    However many error exceptions appeared...

I'm trying to get an old friend back to the game but we are currently facing some problems with Win10.

We downloaded the latest d3d9.dll from dlldownloader.com (10.0.10240.16412 - 32 Bit (x86)) and put it in the game folder as suggested here.
    When starting the game we get a black screen with occasional flickers of the gear just like described in this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Istrome View Post
    Really old player trying to return but this fix isn't working for me; I have appalling frames as everyone indicates I used the .dll the exact same as other people (same file as well) and when I launch the game on the gear selection page it's just black screen with occasional flickers of what it should be.
    Is there any known fix for this problem?
    It's not nvidia related in this case. The laptop is using Intel r hd graphics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also getting the black flickering with the 32 Bit DLL. Really would love a fix for this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast