Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Step Up Dance Contest November Edition

Red face Step Up Dance Contest November Edition

Hello everyone!
    Disappointed there wasn’t a dance contest on October?
    No worries! Step Up dance competition contest this November!

How to join:

All you have to do is create your own custom dance on Lucent Heart, record it, upload it and post it here on this thread!
    There are 2 different categories - Solo & Team - and anyone can participate/win, be it high or low level, rich or poor player.
    To make a custom dance you must first buy a Dance Step Memory Card from the Magic House NPC. After that, press E and access your Dance Settings to start making your dance!
    For those who don’t know how to install a song on LH, here's a guide to show you how you can do it in order to create a dance in game.

• Solo •

A one-person only dance. You may use alts or other characters as background dancers, but you only get one prize.
    Video example #1, example #2, example #3.

• 1st place - Metal Contract - Minerva or Knowledge Contract - Shydan + 50 Event Points
    • 2nd place - Metal Contract - Minerva or Knowledge Contract - Shydan (1st place will get to choose first) + 30 Event Points
    • 3rd place - Elementary Shield LV Down Stone (10 levels) + 20 Event Points

• Team •

Minimum requirement of 2 different players and a maximum of 6. You cannot use alts as extra teammates.
    Video example #1, example #2, example #3.

• 1st place - 30 Original Honey Cakes + 5 random items
    • 2nd place - 25 Original Honey Cakes + 4 random items
    • 3rd place - 20 Original Honey Cakes + 3 random items

For each team member ^

Random items may include:

• Free Transmitting Scroll Bag
    • Minot Tool Set
    • Craft Gloves
    • Best Grade Success Potions
    • Praying Hera/Ares/Gaia’ Crystals
    • Bravery Keys
    • Deluxe Cookies

• Consolation Prizes •

Every player that participated but didn't get ranked gets 5 Original Honey Cakes & 10 Event Points

General rules:

• Your dance video must be a brand new one - you cannot use videos from previous contests.
    • No plagiarism.
    • No alternate accounts may submit entries (we WILL check).
    • No banned players may submit entries (for example, by using an alt account).
    • For Solo category, you may submit as many videos as you want but you can only win once.
    • For Team category, you can only participate in one dance video.
    • If less than 4 videos are submitted (by different people) to a category, its prizes/places will be shorten from 3 to 1.
    • When posting your entry, please identify the category you're submitting to aswell as the performers' in-game names.
    • No video editing is allowed other than:
      • Cropping out the video part in which players are setting up their dance/dance positions.
      • Adding the MP3 over the video because the music wasn't synchronized with the steps or glitched.
      • Adding subtitles in case your song isn't English.
    • Anywhere within the video, you must display a picture, for 4-5 seconds, with the following elements:
      • Lucent Heart's Logo
      • Step Up dance category (Solo, Team or Guild)
      • Song used and its artist
      • Performer(s') in-game name(s)
      • Lucent Heart's website URL ( www.subagames.com/LucentHeart )

Here's an example of the picture:

For the lazy ones, we've got 2 templates - Solo & Team - that you can easily edit on paint and use. Needless to say that you can make and costumize your own picture, aslong as it contains the information we've requested.

Examples of programs you can use to record your video:

What will be judged?

The way you synchronize your dance steps with the song; The stage set up defined not only by your position and background, but also by the illumination and effects. For team dances, it will buy you a great amount of points if you have two or more different dances synchronized with each other! A good use of fashion/armor might help you get things prettier, but we'll make sure this is not a key criteria so non-outfit owners have no disadvantages. Overall, we'll judge your 'dance making' creativity and the dedication you put into it.

Deadline:

November 25th 2016, 11:59PM EDT
    Last edited by Shiono; November 19th, 2016 at 07:43 AM.

Yay, i have waited for this ^_^
    The gods have answered my wishes \0/
    Am unsure what you mean by
    The way you synchronize your dance steps with the song; The stage set up defined not only by your position and background, but also by the illumination and effects. For group dances (teams and guilds), it will buy you a great amount of points if you have two or more different dances synchronized with each other! A good use of fashion/armor might help you get things prettier, but we'll make sure this is not a key criteria so non-outfit owners have no disadvantages. Overall, we'll judge your 'dance making' creativity and the dedication you put into it.
    Also, could we not be judged by illumination and effects? Lower lvl players will most likely have less effects available to them, and the only things that effect illumination cost real money(i think). Unless one ballroom lightning thingy appeared in everyone's inventory hehehe
    Last edited by Newlordvadr810Y; November 14th, 2016 at 12:26 AM.

I know how you feel about it. However, this is more about effort. Some people really spend their time entering these contests which makes it more competitive. And it doesn't really have to be all about effect. You have maps. Some maps already give you some effect, if that makes sense. But, the ones I know are quite far away and high level, however, you can get there by ship.
    Last edited by SmolElf; November 14th, 2016 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newlordvadr810Y View Post
    Yay, i have waited for this ^_^
    The gods have answered my wishes \0/
    Am unsure what you mean by

Also, could we not be judged by illumination and effects? Lower lvl players will most likely have less effects available to them, and the only things that effect illumination cost real money(i think). Unless one ballroom lightning thingy appeared in everyone's inventory hehehe
    Not true.
    Since I helped creating the first Suba LH Step Up competitions' guidelines and they're still being used, allow me to clarify that ilumination point.
    It has almost nothing to do with spotlights (AKA cash items) but with the map/time's ilumination. Some maps' environments are better fitting for some songs than others and same goes for the ilumination provided by in-game daytime & nightime. Even during the daytime the ilumination changes; it gets lighter and lighter as time passes and then it starts getting darker as it approaches nightime. It would make more sense to record a "Thriller" dance video in a map such as Whispering Grave during nightime instead of.. let's say, record it in Breezing Land during daytime, wouldn't you agree?
    Of course using more props such has fireworks or spotlights may help brigthen your video, but that's not what's truly important here and if you don't believe that feel free to check out the previous Step Up Winners - not all of them used props.

As for your doubt regarding "if you have two or more different dances synchronized with each other!" please check the contest's description once more, I've edited it and added video examples that should show it!
    Last edited by Shiono; November 14th, 2016 at 05:52 PM.
    [ General Forum Rules ] • [ LH Rules of Conduct ] • [ LH Guides ] • [ Send a ticket ] • [ PM me ]

Find me & my Art! - [ Deviantart ] • [ Facebook ] • [ Twitter ] • [ Ko-Fi ]

Performer: Yami_Chan
    Category: Solo
    Music: shingeki no kyojin - ?? st-hrn-egt20130629 ??

idek qwq but here's to start LOL

Sound interestng..

So sad for no more guild category now I got the guild active :v

What if 2 different people sign up for the Team Category , and used (beside them) 2-3 alts as backdancers is that allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    • Team •

Minimum requirement of 2 different players and a maximum of 6. You cannot use alts as extra teammates.
    As stated in the OP

Performer: JuviaLockser and Acapuco
    Category: Team
    Music: We got the world by Icona Pop

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast