Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Elemental Interaction Changes

  1. #1

    Default Elemental Interaction Changes

    The following are conclusions from tests.

    Behavioral Changes:
    *Elemental Defense effect doubled to 1% per point (under 100 total).
    *Elemental multiplier is moved into base damage - amplification now capped.
    *Elemental Attack and Defense reduced by 60% past 100% bonus.
    *Wizard Spells now have increased elemental attack
    **Lightning Runes 1st Hit: 25 Metal
    **Rolling Thunder 2nd Hit: 30 Metal
    **Scorching Scroll/Searing Flame/Lightning Runes 2nd Hit: 25 Fire
    **Explosive Runes 1st Hit: 50 Fire
    **Acid Rain Scroll: 25 Water
    **Toppling Tremor: 25 Earth
    **Thorns: 25 Wood
    **Rolling Thunder First Hit, Explosive Runes 2nd Hit, Demons: 0

    Possible Bugs:
    *Fencer Buffs are half as effective as stated. (Single Targets are 25% more damage, AoEs are 12.5%)
    *Fencer Single-target buffs are still effective even if sword is switched out.
    Last edited by DOMOAKFrost; March 3rd, 2017 at 12:51 AM.

    Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Peter Dager in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Dimensional Crack
    Posts
    644

    Default

    So, wizard aoe's now actually have element in it.
    This is quite a change.

    IGN : iroha "Overseer" (Lv 75 Wizard - Lv 70 Shaman Doctor Musician Dancer Sorcerer Witch Doctor)
    IGN : oriha (Lv 75 Blademaster - Lv 70 Thief Hunter Mercenary Witch Doctor)
    IGN : AceCocytus (stall) "Sovereign Abyss"
    IGN : Elegant.Sprite (Alchemy Helper)

  3. #3

    Default

    They used to have about 1 point of elemental attack, meaning against the 1 point of elemental defense most enemies have, there's almost no change in damage. This value has now been raised.

    They're now more effective against elements they counter, but are much less effective against elements that counter them.
    Last edited by DOMOAKFrost; March 3rd, 2017 at 09:48 PM.

    Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Peter Dager in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMOAKFrost View Post
    They used to have about 1 point of elemental attack, meaning against the 1 point of elemental defense most enemies have, there's almost no change in damage. This value has now been raised.

    They're now more effective against elements they counter, but are much less effective against elements that counter them.
    I had posted in the maintenance thread, but I want to elaborate more. So before a skill used to reach cap and have the element multiplier then apply, then other multipliers like job damage etc. Now the element only helps you reach base damage cap? Meaning overall physical damage would have gotten a nerf?
    IGN: Meyera
    Guild: Illustrious
    Main Job(s):
    Dancer - subs: Witch Doctor-Blood Cure Poison + Wizard-Spellcasting
    Mercenary - Subs: Blademaster-Martyr Arts + Wizard-Spellcasting

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMOAKFrost View Post
    Possible Bugs:
    *Fencer Single-target buffs are still effective even if sword is switched out.
    Wasn't it a change made with Babel update?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meyera View Post
    I had posted in the maintenance thread, but I want to elaborate more. So before a skill used to reach cap and have the element multiplier then apply, then other multipliers like job damage etc. Now the element only helps you reach base damage cap? Meaning overall physical damage would have gotten a nerf?
    What's capped is the amplification portion. You may no longer go above the 99,998 cap for certain skills' amplification using elemental modifier. This mainly affects Blood Money, Double-Edged Sword and Maniac Attack.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoIcatKumi View Post
    Wasn't it a change made with Babel update?
    I don't recall that being the case

    Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Peter Dager in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

  7. #7

    Default

    The Fencer single targets have always persisted after weapon change. Even on Aeria. By "always" I mean after the mount babel update.
    Last edited by Kazeshiko; March 19th, 2017 at 12:54 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •